The sun is shining and everyone is wondering whether Meghan or Kate will
triumph at the Chelsea Flower Show. It must be time to get out into the
garden and this is what you need to know…
• April is a great time to do a spring clean of your garden – cut back tatty
leaves and remove spent flowers from your perennial flowering plants
• Give the greenhouse a clear out and wash your seed trays ready for
• Direct sow leeks into the vegetable border,
• Get any last seed potatoes into the ground as soon as possible,
• Give your potted plants a bit of tlc. Skim off the surface and replace with
• Sow lawn seed onto patchy areas of lawn and recut lawn edges (or lay fresh
• Put supports in place for tall or floppy perennials like Delphiniums/Peonies
and erect wigwams for peas and beans.
Jo Manfredi-Hamer is the founder of Jo Manfredi-Hamer Garden Design
You sang that title didn’t you!? As Jimmie Rodgers asked… ‘How many kinds of flowers grow In an English...
Flapjack is a childhood favourite of mine and something I often make for my boys, especially if they have...
You enter parenthood with big ideas of travelling the world with your well presented, cosmopolitan children sampling the delights...
Who doesn’t love fries, they can be triple cooked, oven baked, cooked in goose fat and in many restaurants...