The sun is shining and everyone is wondering whether Meghan or Kate will
triumph at the Chelsea Flower Show. It must be time to get out into the
garden and this is what you need to know…
• April is a great time to do a spring clean of your garden – cut back tatty
leaves and remove spent flowers from your perennial flowering plants
• Give the greenhouse a clear out and wash your seed trays ready for
• Direct sow leeks into the vegetable border,
• Get any last seed potatoes into the ground as soon as possible,
• Give your potted plants a bit of tlc. Skim off the surface and replace with
• Sow lawn seed onto patchy areas of lawn and recut lawn edges (or lay fresh
• Put supports in place for tall or floppy perennials like Delphiniums/Peonies
and erect wigwams for peas and beans.
Jo Manfredi-Hamer is the founder of Jo Manfredi-Hamer Garden Design
Open since 2008, and with it’s reputation preceding it, you may well have heard of this amazing … ‘Neighbourhood...
Valentine’s day, whether you celebrate in style or it’s just another day, this Love themed bark is sure to...
Seeing all the Chinese New Year celebrations found me reminiscing back to the takeaways we used to have when...
This weekend celebrates both Burns Night and Chinese New Year! Two very different cultures showcasing very different cuisines....