The sun is shining and everyone is wondering whether Meghan or Kate will
triumph at the Chelsea Flower Show. It must be time to get out into the
garden and this is what you need to know…
• April is a great time to do a spring clean of your garden – cut back tatty
leaves and remove spent flowers from your perennial flowering plants
• Give the greenhouse a clear out and wash your seed trays ready for
• Direct sow leeks into the vegetable border,
• Get any last seed potatoes into the ground as soon as possible,
• Give your potted plants a bit of tlc. Skim off the surface and replace with
• Sow lawn seed onto patchy areas of lawn and recut lawn edges (or lay fresh
• Put supports in place for tall or floppy perennials like Delphiniums/Peonies
and erect wigwams for peas and beans.
Jo Manfredi-Hamer is the founder of Jo Manfredi-Hamer Garden Design
We love cucumber in our house, in salads, dipped in hummus as an after school snack, chopped in yoghurt...
So the sun has been shining, you may even have dug out a floaty dress or two; last seen...
Facial yoga/massage was one of the most popular google beauty searches of last year and no surprise really. We...
This is it, isn’t it?! It is now truly the time to pack away (or maybe just hang at...